Lab test of luminance contrast & luminous reflectance
We are a Singapore-based third-party test laboratory, providing lab test services of luminance contrast & luminous reflectance. Our lab is SAC-SINGLAS (ISO 17025) accredited and our customers are from more than 20 countries.
Luminance contrast indicates the contrast of surface brightness/darkness. it is important that ground indicators shall be with sufficient luminance contrast, particularly for people with vision impairment.
Luminance contrast is calculated from the luminous reflectance of two material surfaces.
OTM is able to the test luminance contrast and luminous reflectance of floor materials.
Need professional Optical & Thermal Measurement services?
Contact OTM now
(+65) 6908 0126
- Portable spectrophotometer
- AS 1428.1:2009 Design for access and mobility. Part 1: General requirements for access – New building work
- AS/NZS 1428.4.1:2009 Design for access and mobility. Part 4.1: Means to assist the orientation of people with vision impairment – Tactile ground surface indicators
- Luminance contrast is in terms of two samples in one pair
- The minimum sample size is 100 mm x 100 mm
- There is no restriction on maximum sample size. However, the maximum sample weight shall be less than 10 kg
- Sampling of samples: sampling needs to be done by the client; our test results are only related to the sample tested by us
- It is preferred that the product details can be provided and the information will be stated in the test report.
Work with the expert in Optical & Thermal Measurement solutions.