Frame thermal performance (U-value and SHGC) calculation service
We are a Singapore-based third-party test laboratory, providing window or curtain wall system frame thermal performance (U-value & SHGC) calculation service.
The fenestration system (windows, doors, curtain walls and skylights) thermal performance is dependent on both glazing and frame.
Thermally broken aluminium frame is one of the solutions to achieve better U-value and SHGC performance.
OTM conducts the frame and fenestration thermal performance calculations as an independent third-party laboratory. The calcualtion procedures are in compliance with the US NFRC standards.
Need professional Optical & Thermal Measurement services?
Contact OTM now
(+65) 6908 0126
- ANSI/NFRC 100-2017 Procedure for determining fenestration product U-factors
- ANSI/NFRC 200-2017 Procedure for determining fenestration product solar heat gain coefficient and visible transmittance at normal incidence
- NFRC simulation manual (July 2017)
- WINDOW: this is the software tool for calculation of glazing system and fenestration system thermal performance (U-value and SHGC)
- THERM: this is the software tool for 2D simulation of frame system thermal performance (U-value and SHGC)
Shown below are screenshots from the calculation software:
- Detailed layer-by-layer optical properties of the glazing system
- Use our glass testing service, if you do not have the detailed optical properties
- Detailed material and geometrical information of the frame system and glazing spacer
Work with the expert in Optical & Thermal Measurement solutions.