Lab test of haze & luminous transmittance
We are a Singapore-based third-party test laboratory, providing lab test services of haze & luminous transmittance. Our lab is SAC-SINGLAS (ISO 17025) accredited and our customers are from more than 20 countries.
- All general transparent materials: plastics and glasses
- ASTM D1003-13 Standard test method for haze and luminous transmittance of transparent plastics
- Procedure B (spectrophotometer) is used by OTM for this testing.
- 16/11/2020: Transparent material haze measurement principle
Need professional Optical & Thermal Measurement services?
Contact OTM now
(+65) 6908 0126
- Sample quantity: 3 samples for each test
- Sample size:
- Recommended size: a disk of 50 mm (2 inch) in diameter or a square of 50 mm x 50 mm (2 inch x 2 inch)
- Recommended minimum size: diameter shall be greater than 25 mm (1 inch)
- Recommended maximum size: 10 cm x 10 cm
- Samples smaller than the recommended minimum size or greater than the recommended maximum size can be measured with customized configurations
- Sampling of samples: sampling needs to be done by the client; our test results are only related to the samples tested by us
- The test sample will be conditioned at 23 ± 2 °C and 50 ± 10% for not less than 40 hours prior to the test
- Please inform OTM if other conditioning arrangement is required
- It is preferred that the details of the samples can be provided and the information will be stated in the test report
- Haze (%)
- Total luminous transmittance (%)
- Diffuse luminous transmittance (%)
Work with the expert in Optical & Thermal Measurement solutions.