OTM participated in a proficiency testing (PT) program recently, with satisfactory results. A PT program is for test quality evaluation of laboratories. Typically, samples with known results are distributed by the PT organizer to a group of participating laboratories. The results tested by the laboratories are compared by the PT organizer to evaluate the test quality of each laboratory.
Below is a summary of the PT program on thermal conductivity testing and the performance of OTM in this program:
- Number of participating laboratories: 84
- Test type: insulation material thermal conductivity test
- Sample: polystyrene board, at 25 °C mean temperature
- Average results from all laboratories: 0.0344 W/(m⋅K)
- Result tested by OTM: 0.0344 W/(m⋅K), with Z-score = 0
OTM is SAC-SINGLAS (ISO 17025) accredited for insulation material thermal conductivity testing. We perform both internal and external quality assurance exercises regularly for consistent and reliable measurement accuracy.