We are a Singapore-based third-party test laboratory, providing lab test services of material optical & thermal properties. We use Xiatech TC3000E transient hotwire thermal conductivity meter, with the following key information.
- Measurement principle: transient hot wire
- Measurement range: 0.001 – 10 W/(m K)
- Temperature range: room temperature only
The instrument is equipped with two probes, a thin film probe, and a needle probe.
The thin film probe is mainly for flat plate solid samples:
- 2 samples in a pair are needed, with the thin film probe sandwiched between the 2 samples
- Minimum sample size: larger than 25 mm × 25 mm in length and width, and thicker than 0.3 mm in thickness
The thin film probe is mainly for bulk gel or soft soil samples:
- Needle size: 1.6 mm in diameter and 12 cm in length
- The needle is to be inserted in the sample for measurement